Representation in the Film
Representation in the Film
The characters of our film are biased essentially entirely on the various high school stereotypes that people can easily recognize. The point in us choosing such overused characters would be to adopt expectations from the audience of how the characters would act, only to completely surpass them. For example, a typical nerd is envisioned as a short, timid guy the would rather stick his nose in a book rather than socialize with others. However, our film showcases a confident and well-spoken nerd with a tall physique. In fact, each and every main character based on stereotypes are confident so I would certainly say that they are represented fairly.
On a similar note, it is also for this reason that I would say that the characters could have certainly been edited to be better. Personally, I believe our film would have been executed better if the majority of the cast was nervous and cowering in fear rather than confident because, regardless of if they are guilty or not, these are still ultimately just kids with futures ahead of them being suspected of murdering a classmate, which would be enough to scare the confidence of even full-grown adults. Besides this, I do believe our characters are exceptional and, when put together, would create a great dynamic for an exceptional film.

Comments
Post a Comment