Storyboarding
Storyboarding
This is a portion of the storyboard from the popular animated film "Your Name" and I think it does a superb job of portraying what actually takes place in the movie.
I would just like to say from now that I by no means believe myself to be an artist, however, from this spectacular drawing I believe that most people would be able to gain a vague understanding as to what is happening. The scene is an over-the-head camera angle in what appears to be the park in the middle of the day. The two characters, who we can assume are a couple, are lying down on a white blanket that was placed on the ground with their heads touching and arms locked with one another. Nothing but happiness and bliss can be seen on the characters' faces for the entirety of this shot.
The rest of this clip consists if a back ad forth conversation between the two characters that, as we already established, are laying on a blanket in the middle of the park. There is constant use of over the shoulder shots throughout the whole conversation and it can also be considered a close up due to how much emotion the audience can see in the characters' face as their conversation continues. The originally picturesque and calming scene takes a complicated turn between the two
Experience
From what I've learned about storyboarding through my own experience is that the quality of the drawings is of no consequence. The one true thing that matters when storyboarding is that everything was properly conveyed and it becomes clear on what to do just from viewing the storyboard. Despite this, I still find artistic capabilities to be a slight challenge when storyboarding as better art can always make things clearer.
Original Video
Comments
Post a Comment